[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  kira at fantasyhaven dot me
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: SV: [m0n0wall] VLANs with seperate WANs
 Date:  Wed, 13 Nov 2013 08:31:04 -0600
[resent,  forgot to edit to field :P]

__________________

my solution to a similar problem was to build a simple print server that
could connect to multiple networks at once.  but I know this solution
doesn't work for all.  3 distinct networks in same building all needing to
use same printer,  so using a rasberry pi, a usb hub and a couple usb to
ethernet adapters and had a home made print server that can connect to all
3 networks at once without a dmz for under 30$

Sadly,  each situation is unique,  and while this was solution for us,
it's not for everyone.  in this case it's a library and we needed a way to
hold printouts until guests had paid for them,  but allow staff's print
jobs and the print jobs from the server through unrestricted,  so the
little mini home made print server worked flawlessly for this task.

From:   Daniel Jokinen <daniel dot jokinen at linford dot se>
To:     "m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
Date:   11/13/2013 02:09 AM
Subject:        SV: [m0n0wall] VLANs with seperate WANs

> why not put the printer into a dmz that can be reached from both
subnets?

Because there is no connectivity between the two networks today, at all.
Your idea would work, but I first need to connect the two networks.

/Daniel