[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Lee Sharp <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] VLANs with seperate WANs
 Date:  Wed, 13 Nov 2013 12:02:35 -0600
On 11/13/2013 09:13 AM, kira at fantasyhaven dot me wrote:
> 1. Connect the two existing routers and static route them to talk to each
> other.
> Benefit: Cheap and simple
> Drawback: Clients can reach each others network. Unacceptable

This is an incorrect assumption.  They will have exactly the access you
allow them ot have in the firewall rules.  You can restrict that access
to only the one printer.

One thing you left out was, what are the current firewalls?  We have
been assumming m0n0wall, but what really?  And do you have (or can you
have with an additional nic) one port free?  If os, this can be done
quickly, cheaply, simply, and with total security.

I can't tell if you are in Navada, or Sweeden, but if you are close to
the Texas time zone, you can call me and I can walk you through it.

			Lee

PS: Brian

 > Heh again. Is there general consensus that it would be a reasonable
 > consumption of bandwidth here to tell the story of how I melted down
 > the NSFnet 20 years ago?

Heck yes!  I love that stuff!  But start a new thread. :)