[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Fred Grayson <fred underscore grayson at yahoo dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Failure to upgrade firmware on 1.8.1b548
 Date:  Tue, 19 Nov 2013 20:25:05 -0500
On 11/19/2013 7:43 PM, Pierre Nast wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The snapshot 1.8.1b548 was intended to fix a minor issue related to
> firmware upgrade. The issue has been fixed but a regression has been
> introduced. The regression has been fixed in 1.8.1b549.
>
> If you upgraded to 1.8.1b548, to restore the firmware upgrade function,
> you will need to:
>
> - download the file system_firmware.php from the svn repository
> (http://svn.m0n0.ch/wall/branches/freebsd8/webgui/)
> - upload the file on your m0n0wall box using the exec.php page
> - move/copy the uploaded file from /tmp/ to /usr/local/www/ using the
> exec.php page
> - upgrade to the latest snapshot, using the firmware upgrade page

When I did this as above, m0n0wall protested with a CGI error problem,
exactly what I don't remember, when trying to upgrade to b549.

Comparing the permissions on the uploaded system_firmware.php to the
rest of the .php files in /www indicated that the uploaded file lacks
executable permission.

I changed the permissions on the uploaded file to be like the rest of
the php files and this restored firmware upgrade capability.