[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Niko <m0n0 at bigpond dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  re: write error on 1.8.1
 Date:  Thu, 16 Jan 2014 01:53:43 +1030
Firstly thanks to all for the work on 1.8.1. It is great to see a new
release with such great improvements.

I'm having an issue writing generic-pc-1.8.1.img to a flash drive and I
feel like a beginner. It fails at the same point each time after the
same amount of bytes written. I do not have a spare flash drive handy to
test which is my downfall, so i feel silly asking so soon. However
indications below appear it might not be the flash drive.

I've checksummed the downloaded image (e18e752577e24c7a61df525e4d962b4a)
and verified it against the MD5 on the download page. I've used diskpart
to clean the drive and still can't get it to place nicely.

What's the diagnosis if I can write the beta but I get a write error
using the final image?

M:\mono>physdiskwrite.exe -u generic-pc-1.8.1.img
About to overwrite the contents of disk 3 with new data. Proceed? (y/n) y
Found signed compressed image file
14516224 bytes writtenWrite error after 14516224 bytes (2182).

Inside the Mono folder above where phydiskwrite is, i've a few beta
images. I can select any of them and they write to completion, eg. the
last beta:

M:\mono>physdiskwrite.exe -u generic-pc-1.8.1b561.img
About to overwrite the contents of disk 3 with new data. Proceed? (y/n) y
Found compressed image file
26972160/26972160 bytes written in total

Thanks for any pointers!