[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net>
 To:  Niko <m0n0 at bigpond dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] write error on 1.8.1
 Date:  Wed, 15 Jan 2014 16:37:31 +0100
You can ignore this. It's a physdiskwrite bug triggered by the digital signature (which the beta
images do not have) - the image will work anyway.

- Manuel

On 15.01.2014, at 16:23, Niko <m0n0 at bigpond dot com> wrote:

> Firstly thanks to all for the work on 1.8.1. It is great to see a new release with such great
improvements.

> I'm having an issue writing generic-pc-1.8.1.img to a flash drive and I feel like a beginner. It
fails at the same point each time after the same amount of bytes written. I do not have a spare
flash drive handy to test which is my downfall, so i feel silly asking so soon. However indications
below appear it might not be the flash drive.

> I've checksummed the downloaded image (e18e752577e24c7a61df525e4d962b4a) and verified it against
the MD5 on the download page. I've used diskpart to clean the drive and still can't get it to place
nicely.

> What's the diagnosis if I can write the beta but I get a write error using the final image?
>

> M:\mono>physdiskwrite.exe -u generic-pc-1.8.1.img
> About to overwrite the contents of disk 3 with new data. Proceed? (y/n) y
> Found signed compressed image file
> 14516224 bytes writtenWrite error after 14516224 bytes (2182).
>

> Inside the Mono folder above where phydiskwrite is, i've a few beta images. I can select any of
them and they write to completion, eg. the last beta: