[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Lee Sharp <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] m0n0wall on non-x86 architectures?
 Date:  Thu, 26 Sep 2013 17:19:02 -0500
On 09/26/2013 01:38 PM, Warren Myers wrote:
> I noticed the last major release of m0n0wall was in 2012 .. are there any plans to update again?
If not a full (or minor) version update, are there any plans to offer more platform targets (eg
ARM)?

There has been discussion on ARM before, but the main problem is that
ARM is not a full component.  Every ARM device needs special sauce to
run and support would be a challenge.

As for 1.8, that is in beta now, and quite stable.  The thought is to
wait for FreeBSD 9.2 and use that as the base before release to have
more device support.  FreeBSD 9.2 is releasing in the next few days, and
the betas will move to it soon after.  Once stable, I am sure there will
be a major release.

But I am using 1.8b in production in a few locations, so feel free to go
with it.

			Lee