[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Niko <m0n0 at bigpond dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] write error on 1.8.1
 Date:  Thu, 16 Jan 2014 02:26:17 +1030
Hi Manuel,

Thanks for the reply.

I tried booting and it's just at a flashing '\'.  If it helps, the
duration of physdiskwrite's writing process for the final image was only
about half that of the time taken to write the beta. It seems like there
really is a write error?

I tried 1.34 and it seems okay?

M:\mono>physdiskwrite.exe -u generic-pc-1.34.img
About to overwrite the contents of disk 3 with new data. Proceed? (y/n) y
Found signed compressed image file
10485760/10485760 bytes written in total

On 16/01/2014 2:07 AM, Manuel Kasper wrote:
> You can ignore this. It's a physdiskwrite bug triggered by the digital signature (which the beta
images do not have) - the image will work anyway.

> - Manuel
>

> On 15.01.2014, at 16:23, Niko <m0n0 at bigpond dot com> wrote:
>
>> Firstly thanks to all for the work on 1.8.1. It is great to see a new release with such great
improvements.

>> I'm having an issue writing generic-pc-1.8.1.img to a flash drive and I feel like a beginner. It
fails at the same point each time after the same amount of bytes written. I do not have a spare
flash drive handy to test which is my downfall, so i feel silly asking so soon. However indications
below appear it might not be the flash drive.

>> I've checksummed the downloaded image (e18e752577e24c7a61df525e4d962b4a) and verified it against
the MD5 on the download page. I've used diskpart to clean the drive and still can't get it to place
nicely.

>> What's the diagnosis if I can write the beta but I get a write error using the final image?
>>

>> M:\mono>physdiskwrite.exe -u generic-pc-1.8.1.img
>> About to overwrite the contents of disk 3 with new data. Proceed? (y/n) y
>> Found signed compressed image file
>> 14516224 bytes writtenWrite error after 14516224 bytes (2182).
>>

>> Inside the Mono folder above where phydiskwrite is, i've a few beta images. I can select any of
them and they write to completion, eg. the last beta: