[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Joschka Blohm <admin at zpt dash muenster dot de>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Critical logging during boot
 Date:  Wed, 15 Jan 2014 19:10:36 +0100
Hello Lee,

thank you for your answer.
By critical I meant the level of logging. Not if the services which are
starting are critical.
Let me hint you here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syslog#Severity_levels

I am just wondering why the bootup process get logged with a critical
severity and not on e.g. informational level.
I hope you understand what my confusing part is.

Regards

Am 15.01.2014 19:04, schrieb Lee Sharp:
> On 01/15/2014 05:22 AM, Joschka Blohm wrote:
>> Hey there,
>>
>> I encountered a - to me - strange behavior of my m0n0wall.
>> The m0n0wall is logging to a syslog server. The syslog server sends me
>> an email when something strange is going on.
>> Today I restarted the m0n0wall and all the messages produced while
>> booting were logged to the syslog server with a critical level. Is this
>> behavior done by purpose? I have searched the documentation and the
>> m0n0.ch/wall site but no information there.
>
> I do not know what you are useing to decide what is critical, but
> booting a system restarts a lot of critical services, so I can see it
> generating some warnings.
>
>              Lee

informieren Sie bitte sofort den Absender und vernichten Sie diese
E-Mail. Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie die unbefugte Weitergabe dieser
E-Mail sind nicht gestattet.

privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient (or have
received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender immediately and
destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or