[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Fred Wright <fw at fwright dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  New Console Treatment In 1.8.1
 Date:  Wed, 15 Jan 2014 17:02:20 -0800 (PST)
On Wed, 15 Jan 2014, Manuel Kasper wrote:

[...]
> - the "embedded" image is gone; generic-pc-serial should now be used for PC Engines and Soekris
boards
> - console speed for serial images is fixed to 9600 baud (no longer tries to use BIOS preset value)
[...]

Am I correct in assuming that the latter was not intended as a desirable
change, but rather that it's collateral damage from the former?  It's
certainly an undesirable change on embedded platforms, where the BIOS can
be assumed to have set the port to a value consistent with the line (or
else the BIOS's messages wouldn't work).  Not to mention 9600's being
rather dated in this day and age, where 115200 is the common speed of
choice for serial consoles. :-)

					Fred Wright