[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Niko <m0n0 at bigpond dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] write error on 1.8.1
 Date:  Thu, 16 Jan 2014 13:24:57 +1030
I know this is no revelation, but looks more likely some interaction of
physdiskwrite. I setup an Ubuntu VM and encountered no issues writing to
the same flash drive and it boots OK:

root@vmubuntu-virtual-machine:~/Desktop# gunzip -c generic-pc-1.8.1.img
| dd of=/dev/sdb bs=16k
gzip: generic-pc-1.8.1.img: decompression OK, trailing garbage ignored
886+1 records in
886+1 records out
14518272 bytes (15 MB) copied, 2.03052 s, 7.2 MB/s

I then setup a clean Windows 7 VM and ran the usual physdiskwrite -u
generic-pc-1.8.1.img, same write error, same non-boot.