[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Steve Yates <steve at teamITS dot com>
 To:  "m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] ADSL2+ and ENET ENCAP?
 Date:  Mon, 20 Jan 2014 10:49:42 -0600
> Did not find much information about "Ethernet Encapsulation" alias ENET
> ENCAP.
>
> Does anymone know if and how I can run the modem in bridge mode and have
> my m0n0wall configured as router?

	I'm not familiar with ENET ENCAP either.  Presumably though your goal is to get a public IP address
on your m0n0wall.  Looking at this a different way, if you leave your new router using NAT, can your
new router be configured to set your m0n0wall in its DMZ?  That should forward all incoming
connection requests to the same port on your m0n0wall.  It's not ideal but may be a functional
workaround.  Just put the LAN side of your m0n0wall on a different private IP address range than the
new modem is using.

--

Steve Yates
ITS, Inc.