[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Joschka Blohm <admin at zpt dash muenster dot de>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] How to setup DNS alias
 Date:  Wed, 29 Jan 2014 22:24:00 +0100
Hey Steve,

thank you for your reply.
I see what I missed there. Thank you for clarifying. I'm just a part
time sysadmin... ;)

Regards

Joschka

Am 29.01.2014 21:02, schrieb Steve Yates:
> Joschka Blohm wrote on Wed, Jan 29 2014 at 1:54 pm:
>
>> I'm confused with the DNS settings in m0n0wall.
>>
>> I want my clients in my internal network to access a webpage by just
>> entering "test" in their address bar in the browser. But m0n0wall should
>> route this query to 192.168.1.2/test. How do I do this?
>
> 	DNS converts a hostname to an IP address, so you can't do what you're asking using just DNS.  You
would need to set up a web site for the hostname "test" on 192.168.1.2 and have that redirect to
http://192.168.1.2/test.

> --
>
> Steve Yates
> ITS, Inc.

informieren Sie bitte sofort den Absender und vernichten Sie diese
E-Mail. Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie die unbefugte Weitergabe dieser
E-Mail sind nicht gestattet.

privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient (or have
received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender immediately and
destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or