[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Brian Lloyd <brian at lloyd dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  IPv6 DNS server
 Date:  Thu, 13 Feb 2014 15:34:27 -0600
I run dual-stack at my office. Some of the things I am doing require
forward and inverse DNS lookups on the local net  so I am running a
separate bind server on my main server. I am still using m0n0wall to do
DHCP.

When I try to enter the IPv6 address of my DNS server on the m0n0wall
General Setup page I get the error: "A valid IP address must be specified
for the primary/secondary/tertiary DNS server." But I notice that my
clients are getting served the IPv6 address of the router as the secondary
DNS. Of course, when a client chooses to use IPv6 to query the name server
for inverse lookups, this fails because the router does not server the
in-addr zone and it doesn't seem to be forwarding those queries to my
internal DNS server.

Any suggestions?

(version 1.8.1 running on a generic PC)

--