[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Klaus Stock <ks at stock dash consulting dot com>
 To:  golddragoninc at gmail dot com
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] How to connect usb gsm modem to m0n0wall
 Date:  Sat, 22 Feb 2014 17:19:05 +0100
I am not aware of any USB GSM modems compatible with FreeBSD (which
does not mean a lot, though)

There are GS Modems available with WiFi or regular cable connections.

The biggest issue will however most probably be that most GSM Internet
connections are already NATed. Right, you've got no public IP. No need
to worry about putting the something in "Modem" or "bridge" mode, as
incoming connections will be blocked off by the ISP anyway.

Only very few ISP provide "real" Internet access, with a public IP.
These will typically provide you with their own modem hardware.

- Klaus

--
Best regards,
 Klaus                            mailto:ks at stock dash consulting dot com