[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Joschka Blohm <admin at zpt dash muenster dot de>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Double firewall
 Date:  Mon, 24 Feb 2014 09:19:56 +0100
Got it! :)
But it is not feasible for my setup. My WAN uplink is done with PPPoE
and it works with just one device. Sadly I do not have static WAN IP's...

Nonetheless thank you for your time. :)

Am 23.02.2014 23:43, schrieb Lee Sharp:
> On 02/23/2014 03:19 PM, Joschka Blohm wrote:
>> Thanks Lee for your reply. :)
>>
>> I just understood half of it maybe because I'm a non-native speaker, but
>> I can guess what your point is.
>
> Let me be a little more clear, then. :)
>
> Klaus is doing it in series.  You go through one first, and then the
> other.  If one fails, all fails, unless you physically change things.
>
> I am saying go through one OR the other.  Example...
>
> Shophos LAN 192.168.1.1/24
> m0n0wall LAN 192.168.1.2/24
> Plug both into the same switch to your LAN.
>
> Sophos WAN 4.2.2.2
> M0n0wall WAN 4.2.2.3
> Plug both into the same switch on your WAN from ISP.
>
> Run DHCP on Sophos only.  DHCP clients see Sophos as gateway, and all
> devices on LAN. (Including m0n0wall)  For servers with Static IPs, point
> them at m0n0wall.  They will use m0n0wall as a gateway, and still see
> everything on the LAN, including the sophos.  Both routers are reachable
> from the outside.
>
>              Lee

informieren Sie bitte sofort den Absender und vernichten Sie diese
E-Mail. Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie die unbefugte Weitergabe dieser
E-Mail sind nicht gestattet.

privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient (or have
received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender immediately and
destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or