[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Joschka Blohm <admin at zpt dash muenster dot de>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Double firewall
 Date:  Mon, 24 Feb 2014 20:19:52 +0100
Just a short follow up:
I successfully put the UTM in bridge mode. Now it works in a full
transparent mode. I bridged two of the interfaces on the m0n0wall as
well, so if now something breaks in between I can bridge the bridge.

Which firewall rules do I need on the bridged interface? I have bridged
OPT1 of my ALIX board to LAN. Under "Firewall rules" I have configured
the OPT1 interface to pass all traffic coming from the LAN subnet. Is
this okay? Or do I have to choose the OPT1 subnet?

Regards

P.S.: As you stated, Lee, the bridge mode on the Sophos circumvents the
license cap. That might prove that the bridge is now a real Layer 2 device.

Am 24.02.2014 17:06, schrieb Lee Sharp:
> On 02/24/2014 02:19 AM, Joschka Blohm wrote:
>> Got it! :)
>> But it is not feasible for my setup. My WAN uplink is done with PPPoE
>> and it works with just one device. Sadly I do not have static WAN IP's...
>
> Well, that does limit your options... ;)
>
>> Nonetheless thank you for your time. :)
>
> Any time.  Good luck!
>
>              Lee

informieren Sie bitte sofort den Absender und vernichten Sie diese
E-Mail. Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie die unbefugte Weitergabe dieser
E-Mail sind nicht gestattet.

privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient (or have
received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender immediately and
destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or