[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Sam Kretchmer <skretch at rootaxcess dot com>
 To:  "m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  PPTP/IPSEC clients
 Date:  Fri, 11 Apr 2014 11:44:22 +0000
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone has run into this, or knows what's going on.

I am trying to set up a PPTP VPN server on m0n0wall 1.8.

Can I have both IPSEC and PPTP clients at the same time?

If I give the PPTP server it's own IP, it will not respond to clients on that IP. I have to use the
primary IP for clients to connect to, but the client then shows the connection to the secondary IP
once connected.

What is the purpose of the IP Address field on the PPTP configuration page?

So, at the moment, I have a server with IP 1.1.1.1. I have given the PPTP server page an IP of
1.1.1.2. Clients CAN connect to 1.1.1.1, but clients CAN NOT connect to 1.1.1.2.

Thanks in advance for any help on this.

Sam