[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Lee Sharp <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] PPTP/IPSEC clients
 Date:  Fri, 11 Apr 2014 07:30:39 -0500
On 04/11/2014 06:44 AM, Sam Kretchmer wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I was wondering if anyone has run into this, or knows what's going on.
>
> I am trying to set up a PPTP VPN server on m0n0wall 1.8.
>
> Can I have both IPSEC and PPTP clients at the same time?
>
> If I give the PPTP server it's own IP, it will not respond to clients on that IP. I have to use
the primary IP for clients to connect to, but the client then shows the connection to the secondary
IP once connected.

> What is the purpose of the IP Address field on the PPTP configuration page?
>
> So, at the moment, I have a server with IP 1.1.1.1. I have given the PPTP server page an IP of
1.1.1.2. Clients CAN connect to 1.1.1.1, but clients CAN NOT connect to 1.1.1.2.

This is how it is supposed to work.  The IP address and range are IPs
for once you are connected.  The System IPs are how you connect.

			Lee