[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Lee Sharp <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] can monowall send out an email ?
 Date:  Wed, 16 Apr 2014 00:10:47 -0500
On 04/15/2014 11:48 PM, Frank Peels wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I'm using monowall 1.81 in a home-situation and I'd like to use Croen.  I'm ping a server with
croen, and if the server doesn't reply I'd like to have monowall send an email.
> I already tried to do it from within a shell script and from within php mail().  But either way I
don't succeed.  Can this be done with monowall and has anyone got tips to do it right ?

No.  M0n0wall is lean and mean by design.  It does not have any of the
software you would need for such a thing.  (Also I have never heard of
Croen) It sounds like you want a monitoring system.  That would be
easily done on an old computer or a small VM.  Personally, I like Icinga
on Ubuntu.

Alternatively, there may be some plugins for pfSense.  They have just
about everything else...

			Lee