[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Steve Yates <steve at teamITS dot com>
 To:  "m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Connection problem via DHCP over a bridged modem
 Date:  Fri, 25 Apr 2014 11:32:08 -0500
> I put the modem in "bridge" mode, deactivate NAT and DHCP and connect the
> WAN port of m0n0wall to the modem. After a restart, everything looks okay,
> the m0n0wall receives an IP, but it's an IP address like 10.108.24.*.

	Some ISPs use 10.x.x.x internally to save IP addresses inside their network.  CBeyond and I believe
AT&T U-Verse do, perhaps more.  I would check with your ISP to see if that is one of their addresses
or something being handed to you by the modem (i.e. it's not bridged and is using NAT, which is kind
of what it sounds like).

	M0n0wall I think by default does not route private IPs over the WAN...check the WAN interface page
for that checkbox.

--

Steve Yates
ITS, Inc.