[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Daniel Jokinen <daniel dot jokinen at linford dot se>
 To:  "Dennis dot Riemenschneider at ruhr dash uni dash bochum dot de" <Dennis dot Riemenschneider at ruhr dash uni dash bochum dot de>
 Cc:  "m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  SV: Insert 3th NIC to route Subnet
 Date:  Mon, 28 Apr 2014 11:22:08 +0200
Well... if I understand you correctly, then your rules should look like:

Rules 3rd NIC : Allow * 3rd NIC * * *
Rules LAN :  Allow * LAN net * * *

After that put your computer on one NIC and ping the router address  (gateway) of the other NIC. If
you get a reply then you should be OK.

For example:
3rd NIC IP address: 10.10.10.1
LAN NIC IP address: 192.168.1.1

If you connect your computer to LAN NIC and your computer get the address 192.168.1.100, then try to
ping 10.10.10.1. If you get a reply you should be able to reach the 3rd NIC network. If no reply
then you've overlooked something.

/D