[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Sam Kretchmer <skretch at rootaxcess dot com>
 To:  "m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  install issue
 Date:  Fri, 11 Jul 2014 23:17:57 +0000
Gang,

I am trying to install m0n0wall 1.8 on a Supermicro server. I get the CD to mount through the IPMI
virtual console, and it boots all the way. When I try to select & to install to hard drive, it lists
the drive, but when I try to point the installer at the drive it fails the install immediately, with
the error "installing....  failed! Can not mount CD-ROM" with no further information as to why.
Obviously the CD-ROM is mounted, as the system is running off the CD-ROM.

Anyone have any ideas what is going wrong, and what I can do to get past this?

Thanks