[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Gold Dragon Inc." <golddragoninc at gmail dot com>
 To:  "'Steve Yates'" <steve at teamITS dot com>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] How to set max overall bandwitdh limit with traffic shaper?
 Date:  Wed, 6 Aug 2014 17:08:27 +0700
Thank you for the links

I will check on that.

Rendra

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Yates [mailto:steve at teamITS dot com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 05, 2014 11:26 PM
To: m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch

	My apologies, I always forget this list sets the reply-to to be the sender not the list.  I'm
assuming you meant to reply here, as I did.  Shaping is a bit difficult to understand, IMO.  I have
these pages saved:

http://m0n0.ch/wall/list/showmsg.php?id=35/88
http://www.mollien.net/?main=articles&article_id=24

There are others you can find on Google including YouTube videos.  Pipes set the bandwidth limit so
if you put 20 people in the same 1 Mbps pipe they will compete over that 1 Mbps.  If you created
twenty 1 Mbps pipes, one per person, they would each be limited to that but in total six full speed
connections would max out your 6 Mbps connection.