[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Bart Smit <bit at pipe dot nl>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Some random UI remarks
 Date:  Sun, 29 Feb 2004 18:08:04 +0100
In the course of working with m0n0wall, the following aspects of the
user interface caught my attention:

- I really like the way you van sort the list with DHCP leases.
Something similar would be great for the aliases list and the list of
overrides for the DNS forwarder!!

- The domain name that you give to m0n0wall is also given to the DHCP
clients. I often find this a bit confusing. Perhaps a separate field for
the DHCP client's domain on the DHCP page for each interface for which
DHCP is enabled?

- Someone else also recently asked about this: it's not always clear
what implicit, automatic firewall rules there are. A static display of
these along with the "user specified" rules would be very neat.

There will be more, but these have been on my mind for some time now...

--B