[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Alex Sandini <asandini at blue dash chip dot be>
 To:  gr at redskycom dot net
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] SOEKRIS INSTALLATION (???)
 Date:  Tue, 02 Mar 2004 13:58:06 +0000
gr at redskycom dot net wrote:

>How can I talk to the soekris equipment, do I need a serial to serial
>cable and connect it to the console port and to my pc?

You will need a null modem cable
http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/fhubs/fh300icg/rptrconn.htm#13595
(required db9 wired pins are 2, 3 and 5)

>And then, how can I set the speed to 9600 ( set ConSpeed=9600 for
>Soekris boxes) if I don't know the default speed ?

Just set baudrate on 9600 on your terminal software

>Do I have to use the hyperterminal de windows or other program?

hyperterminal will more or less work,  teraterm pro is great
http://www.ayera.com/teraterm/download.htm

Plz, start a new thread when posting new questions.

Alex