[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  David HM Spector <spector at zeitgeist dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  needs some VPN clue: Win2K and XP whining about domain...
 Date:  Sun, 29 Feb 2004 09:41:56 -0500
I recently upgraded several of my m0n0walls from pb630 up to 1.0, and
now whenever I try to log into my VPN from a Win2K or XP machine, the
login fails as follows:

Error 691:  Access was denied because the username and/or password was
invalid on the domain.

Same m0n0wall config as before (just saved and reloaded it in order to
upgrade).  There IS NO domain controller - behind the m0n0wall are a
bunch of Linux boxen.  And, this happens across several different
m0n0walls.

The log files show the remote Win2K or XP box connecting fine,
authenticating fine, then the remote client shuts down the connection.

I know its working though, as I can connect flawlessly from my OS X
(Panther) boxes.

Anyone else seen this happen?  I've tried turing off the "client for
Microsoft Networks" option in the VPN properties but no luck...

David