[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  David Rodgers <david dot rodgers at kdsi dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Network Definitions Table
 Date:  Tue, 2 Mar 2004 14:17:56 -0600
I use a lot of different firewall products (hardware/software and both)
in my daily activities
and I have to say this is now easily one of my favorites.
It's very fast, friendly and WOW the little bitty footprint.

I like it enough that I converted the firewall in my home from
checkpoint fw-1
to it over the weekend.

I have to say you have hit and beat the sonic wall by a long shot but
you need
just one more feature to be truly GREAT :-)

Checkpoint FW-1, Netscreen , Astaro, Pix Manager and Securepoint all
have one
really cool feature in common that leaves you wanting if you are stuck
on something like
as sonic wall ....... NETWORK DEVICE DEFINITIONS

Most of the rules that you make in the firewall use the same
hosts/networks over and over
again so it just makes sense to be able to predefine them and select
them from a dropdown
box or something instead of manually typing sources and destinations in
EVERY rule.

You add this and I will say that your product will not be one of but be
THE best firewall out there
for sites that don't require distributed management.

David Rodgers