[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Kevin Sexton <sexton at serasystems dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Cc:  jjones at integracon dot com
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] All CF cards created equally?
 Date:  Tue, 02 Mar 2004 18:47:45 -0800
Hi Jason,

I am using the generic image for PCs and am having what might be the
same issue.  I am using a Delkin Devices 32MB flash.  What happens to me
is that after writing 'generic-pc' to the flash from both physdiskwrite
or with gunzip|dd under Linux the boot only gets as far as attempting to
read config.xml, which is doesn't seem to find.  I posted my problem
earlier but have not received a response yet:

http://m0n0.ch/wall/list/?action=show_msg&actionargs[]=37&actionargs[]=97

With the soekris box can you watch the boot messages via the console?  I
have never used one...  I am willing to bet we are having the same
issue.  I have yet to try another brand of flash but I will post those
results to the list when I get the chance.  I think I am going to buy a
PNY CF since you are having some success with those.

--Kevin