[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Melvin Backus <mbackus at bellsouth dot net>
 To:  "Instigater" <bloo at sveiks dot lv>, "M0n0wall" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: SV: [m0n0wall] Network Interface problem
 Date:  Tue, 02 Mar 2004 22:11:41 -0500
?? 10Mbit, no problem.  Use the 3c509 series.  100Mbit?  I'm unaware of any
until after they switched to PCI format.  That doesn't mean they didn't
make them, just that I never heard of them.  One word of warning however in
either case.  If you go with ISA cards, you'll most likely have to use one
which can be configured in plug`n`play mode in order to get m0n0 to see
it.  I spent a couple of frustrated hours trying to figure out why
everything else would talk to my 509 except m0n0 until I swapped it and
discovered that the working one wasn't configured the same.

HTH
Melvin

Good, Fast, Cheap... Pick any two