[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Jason P Jones" <jjones at integracon dot com>
 To:  <EXT dash Mike dot Bradshaw at nokia dot com>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] All CF cards created equally?
 Date:  Wed, 3 Mar 2004 09:47:41 -0500
I just now solved my problem.  I was using physdiskwrite.exe for all these
writes. I figured just for the heck of it I would eliminate it as a
possibility- So I went to using dd.exe for Windows (my linux box is in
rebuild mode (shouldn't have monkey'ed with all the break-my-Gentoo packages
I guess). Worked like a champ on ALL of the aforementioned cards 8-128 MB.

Here's appropriate links etc. :

http://uranus.it.swin.edu.au/~jn/linux/rawwrite/dd.htm

C:\>dd if=c:\net45xx-1.0.img
of=\\.\Volume{3d13d456-4c1a-11d8-8af5-00e0183eb47d} bs=16k
(This was after I gunzip -d 'ed the image file on another remote linux box
and scp'ed it back.)

They boot and work quite well now, so it appears there's a bug in
physdiskwrite (at least for me) (BTW I'm using the latest off of the m0n0
web site).

Jason P Jones
MCSE+I,MCT,CCNA,LCP,CCA,CNA,CIWA,INET+,Network+,A+
Integracon Technologies
865.382.7400