[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chad R. Larson" <clarson at eldocomp dot com>
 To:  Jason P Jones <jjones at integracon dot com>, "EXT dash Mike dot Bradshaw at nokia dot com" <EXT dash Mike dot Bradshaw at nokia dot com>, "m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] All CF cards created equally?
 Date:  Wed, 3 Mar 2004 11:25:45 -0700
At 07:47 AM 3/3/2004, Jason P Jones wrote:
>I just now solved my problem.  I was using physdiskwrite.exe for all these
>writes. I figured just for the heck of it I would eliminate it as a
>possibility- So I went to using dd.exe for Windows (my linux box is in
>rebuild mode (shouldn't have monkey'ed with all the break-my-Gentoo
>packages I guess). Worked like a champ on ALL of the aforementioned cards
>8-128 MB.

Your problem rang a bell with me.  I remember having absolutely no luck
with physdiskwrite until I changed the Windows platform I was using.  I
believe I went from Win98SE to WinXP, but it might have been the other way.

          -crl
   Eldorado Computing, Inc.   602-604-3100
      5353 North 16th Street, Suite 400
        Phoenix, Arizona   85016-3228