[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jim Gifford <jim at giffords dot net>
 To:  "m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] All CF cards created equally?
 Date:  Wed, 3 Mar 2004 14:21:28 -0500
On Wed, Mar 03, 2004 at 01:36:26PM -0500, Dany Nativel wrote:
> I use a 16MB "Canon" CF card that shipped with my camcorder. Works great!

I've successfully used these cards:

5 each of: Lexar Media 8MB
1 each of SanDisk: 10MB, 32MB, 48MB, and 256MB.

I use a pcmcia adapter in my laptop which shows the device up as
/dev/hde, then follow Manuel's installation instructions involving gunzip
and dd without a single problem ever.  I've written every image to CF
under linux (gentoo linux specifically).

I bought the 5 Lexar 8MB cards on ebay for 25 dollars, specifically for
running m0n0wall on them.

hope this helps,
jim