[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Michael Iedema" <iedemam at pluto dot dsu dot edu>
 To:  "'Joe Smith'" <clearview9999 at yahoo dot com>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Cannot get SSH (or any service published) behind m0n0wall
 Date:  Sun, 29 Feb 2004 10:29:37 -0600
> I need to publish SMTP, WEB, SSH, etc. behind
> m0n0wall, but am about to give up on the product
> (which I love).
>
> I have tried every setting withing NAT, FIREWALL
> RULES, ServerNAT, 1:1, etc.

What exactly are you trying to accomplish? Is your m0n0wall WAN
interface located in a public or private network?  Are you trying to
forward ports through NAT or map external IP's to internal machines? Did
you check your firewall logs?  If it's not a security risk, could we see
a 'censored' version of your config.xml file?

> I don't think you realize that there are a great
> number of us struggling with this and that I never see
> the people asking for help sending another message is
> saying what you told them worked.
>
> I believe they are giving up and moving to another
> product like I may have to.  I have been struggling
> with this for over a week.

We must know where you are to help you get to where you want to be.
Most everyone on this list is more than helpful.  If a response isn't
given it's usually attributed to the question being quite vague.  Many
of us would feel pretty bad if others were giving up on m0n0wall due to
a lack of help on this list.

A list could possibly be established which resends unanswered e-mails
after e period of time.  Whomever subscribed to that list would have the
responsibility of answering 'dead' e-mails. This way they are given more
attention instead of being lost in the 20-30+ messages being exchanged
on the list.  Just an idea.

I apologize in advance if this sounds like I'm attacking you and your
problem, but I don't see the unwillingness to help you describe. If it
is, however, something must be done because m0n0wall is too good a
product to drive people away from.

--Michael I.