[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Alex Sandini <asandini at blue dash chip dot be>
 To:  gr at redskycom dot net
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] PROBLEMS WRITING TO THE FLASH MEMORY
 Date:  Thu, 04 Mar 2004 11:30:23 +0100
gr at redskycom dot net wrote:
> Sorry the screen copy is
>
> Information for \\.\PhysicalDrive0:
>    Windows:       cyl: 14593
>                   tpc: 255
>                   spt: 63
>    C/H/S:         16383/16/63
>    Model:         ST3120023A
>    Serial number: 3KA11WQ2
>    Firmware rev.: 3.33
>
> Information for \\.\PhysicalDrive1:
>    Windows:       cyl: 15
>                   tpc: 255
>                   spt: 63

It looks like disk1 is a 128Mb disk, but the output of physdiskwrite is
a bit confusing.(no model info, no serial num, no firmware info).

Use com1. Make sure that your com1 port is not used by any
program (if you have nokia gsm software installed, get the rid of it).
You should first connect your null modem cable between 2 pc'c,
launch tera term on both of them and make sure your cable and serial port
are working.

You will never see the contents of the cf card with explorer after you
copy m0no on it. It is a raw disk image, including boot sector and bsd
partition.

Alex

Alex Sandini
Blue-Chip Engineering NV