[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jim Gifford <jim at giffords dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  any interest in a soekris or CF pre-loaded with m0n0wall?
 Date:  Thu, 4 Mar 2004 11:46:28 -0500
First, I should point out that I've been emailing privately with Manuel
for several weeks now (almost 2 full months now) with some of these
ideas, and I've also gotten his OK to send a commercially flavored email
to the list.  I apologize in advance if this offends anyone.  I know I
don't want to see the list turn into an advertising zone, and I'll do my
best not to go down that road myself.

Seeing all the threads with people having difficulty with loading
m0n0wall to their CF cards, I was wondering if there would be any
interest in being able to buy CF cards with m0n0wall pre-loaded (and
tested to boot) and/or soekris boxes with m0n0wall pre-loaded (and also
tested to boot)?

I've also been experimenting with different paint options for the soekris
cases.  While it is possible to paint these things with proper prep work,
it isn't easy to get new labels for the ports/leds/connectors that will
fit in the space available and also look good.  The default paint job
appears to have all the labels silk-screened on, and that's something I'm
not (yet?) capable of doing.  I am investigating it though.  I would like
to get to the point where I can offer custom color soekris boxes with
silk-screened labels and cut-vinyl logo decals.  I would eventually like
to silkscreen the logo as well.  In any case, each case would have a coat
or two of clear coat on top to protect the paint and labels.  Is this
something people would be interested in?  I would hate to invest a lot of
money in this and find I had exactly 2 customers.  *grin*

I've also had some m0n0wall logo graphic decals made in the size that
will fit on the front of a soekris case.  To start with, I made 20 each
of the logo with the colors of blue/white and blue/black.  I'm working on
a website to sell these, and hope to have that completed by monday.  I
have Manuel's permission to produce and sell these, and he's getting part
of the money for each logo decal purchased.  I've already put one logo
decal on a customer's m0n0wall box, and also one on the window of my
truck (where, I might add, it looks really good).

So, anyone interested in any of these things?

Also, it might be best to reply to me off-list, to keep the traffic down.

Thanks for your time,
Jim Gifford