[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Michael Mee" <mm2001 at pobox dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  32MB / new Soekris 4526 board compatability?
 Date:  Thu, 4 Mar 2004 13:27:52 -0800
Soekris has a new board coming out, which in one configuration, 4526-20 will
have:

100 Mhz CPU, 32 Mbyte SDRAM, 1 Ethernet, 1 Serial, 16 Mbyte CF Flash, 2
Mini-PCI sockets, PoE.

Up until recently, this would be a no brainer for m0n0wall, but from recent
posts it appears that 32MB is close to the limit if you try to upgrade.

Not the end of the world, I think to myself - save the config file, pull the
CF, write the image, reboot, download config file. Not convenient to do
remotely, but ok for some scenarios.

BUT... the new soekris has the CF on board. I.e., you can't remove it.
Which, also raises the question of how to get m0n0wall on to it initially!

Any comments / clues on these two questions?

1) will m0n0wall be ok on 32MB machines in future?
2) how do we install m0n0wall on a Soekris with CF already on board? (Not
strictly a m0n0wall problem, but not strictly a Soekris problem either!)

cheers, michael