[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Hilton Travis <Hilton at QuarkAV dot com>
 To:  "m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] All CF cards created equally?
 Date:  Fri, 05 Mar 2004 11:03:21 +1000
Hi Chad,

On Thu, 2004-03-04 at 04:25, Chad R. Larson wrote:
> At 07:47 AM 3/3/2004, Jason P Jones wrote:
> >I just now solved my problem.  I was using physdiskwrite.exe for all these
> >writes. I figured just for the heck of it I would eliminate it as a
> >possibility- So I went to using dd.exe for Windows (my linux box is in
> >rebuild mode (shouldn't have monkey'ed with all the break-my-Gentoo
> >packages I guess). Worked like a champ on ALL of the aforementioned cards
> >8-128 MB.
>
> Your problem rang a bell with me.  I remember having absolutely no luck
> with physdiskwrite until I changed the Windows platform I was using.  I
> believe I went from Win98SE to WinXP, but it might have been the other way.

You had me rolling in laughter with this.  You *may* have changed from
Windows XP to Windows 98 SE?  HAHAHA - that's a good one.  :)

I cannot understand how any sane person would do this - and I consider
you a very sane person.  Intelligent, too.  Even knowledgable - which is
very different from "intelligent".

Anyway, thanks for the laugh - I needed it.

--

Regards,

				http://www.mamboband.org/