[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jim Gifford <jim at giffords dot net>
 To:  "'m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch'" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Access to webGUI using generic-pc-1.0.img -more in fo
 Date:  Fri, 5 Mar 2004 07:49:35 -0500
I ran into a situation yesterday where my laptop worked fine with
m0n0wall, and 2 machines I tested with worked fine, but 5 other of the
client's machines couldn't access the web gui.  I finally tracked it down
to the proxy server settings on those 5 machines being configured to use
a proxy that couldn't access the internal LAN addresses (the proxy was in
the DMZ).  Once I disabled that, all 5 worked fine.  So, if you haven't
already, try disabling any proxy server configurations in IE.

I spent a good amount of time tracking this one down, as all the
functional machines were on one side of the street and the "broken" ones
were on the other side of the street.  (the LAN has a 100Mbit fiber link
under the highway between the two facilities).  We were first looking for
a link layer problem because of the seeming geographic association of the
problem.

hope this helps,
jim