[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Christopher M. Iarocci" <iarocci at eastendsc dot com>
 To:  Aaron Robinson <aaron at robinson dot net>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] All CF cards created equally?
 Date:  Fri, 05 Mar 2004 08:14:01 -0500
Aaron,

Would just like to let you, and everyone know that your solution worked
perfectly.  After trying many times on a windows box (with
physdiskwrite, and DD after extraction on a Linux box), I used SLAX
instead.  My 20MB Sans CF card works perfectly now.  I was unable to get
my 96MB Simple Tech card to work at all, even though I can see it in
windows, format it, and write to it.  It simply will not boot, even
using the SLAX method.  While I think your method is the way to go (it
obviously works better than any of the windows utilities), it appears
not all cards will work no matter what you do.

Chris