[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Adam Nellemann <adam at nellemann dot nu>
 To:  "Barber, Patrick (MCI)" <patrick dot barber dash eds at eds dot com>
 Cc:  "m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Adding a Print Server?
 Date:  Fri, 05 Mar 2004 17:40:16 +0100
> Why would you want to do this....m0n0wall is a security device.....you should want to keep
services to a minimum on any security device

<http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/printing-intro-setup.html>,
> it doesn't seem to be too bad.  Is there anything I should be aware of when setting it up?
>
> Thanks
> Louis

Yeah, I too think you would be much better off with a standalone
printserver. TRENDnet (TRENDware) makes some nice ones, as does most
other network hardware companies.

Adam.