[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Francisco Reyes <lists at natserv dot com>
 To:  M0N0Wall firewall <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Which version of pptp?
 Date:  Fri, 5 Mar 2004 13:48:36 +0000 (GMT)
I am new to VPN and am trying to readup on this.. One of the things I read
is the different ways PPTP challenges the user. ie pap, chap.. From what I
read it seems the best one right now is mschapv2.

Looking through the archives I don't see which methods of password
challenging(*) M0n0wall uses. Did I miss it?
PPTP seems much simpler than IPSEC, but is it safe enough?

(*) is that the right term? if not what are pap, chap, etc. called ?
versions of PPTP?