[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jim Gifford <jim at giffords dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] no-ip use with Dynamic DNS updater
 Date:  Fri, 5 Mar 2004 16:42:27 -0500
On Fri, Mar 05, 2004 at 11:10:24AM -0800, Joe wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I use no-ip.com's dynamic DNS, and when I switched over to using M0n0Wall
> from Smoothwall, I found I was not able to use it! :-(   I know the name of
> no-ip's update server, is there a way to make their service work with
> m0n0wall? I can of course use their update client instead, but I'd rather
> have my m0n0wall manage the update.
>
> Thanks
> Joe

I too was using no-ip quite happily.  I switched to using one of the ones
supported by ez-ipupdate instead.  I didn't have anyone by myself
depending on the name, so it wasn't a real issue for me.

I think the simplest way to get m0n0wall to support no-ip would be to get
the ez-ipupdate people to add support for it.

Another option might be to make your old no-ip address into a CNAME that
points to another dyndns address.  However, this requires upgrading to
the pay version of no-ip.

Manuel has been pretty clear (I think) about only wanting one dynamic dns
update client.

hope this helps,
jim