[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Joe" <shmuck2002 at hotmail dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] no-ip use with Dynamic DNS updater
 Date:  Fri, 5 Mar 2004 15:45:21 -0800
Thanks for your reply Jim.  I stand to correct myself on my previous note,
after thinking about it, I cannot run the desktop client updater for no-ip,
because there's no way for the desktop client to know what my external IP
address is ;D so anyway, I guess I have to give up my DNS name in favor of
ez-ip. Any suggestions from anyone out there on recommendations for free
dynDNS providers for maximum compatibility? The reason I ask is I build lots
of firewalls like this, and am always testing new Linux and hardware-based
firewalls, and I would like to not have to end up switching DNS providers
again :)

Thanks
Joe