[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Hilton Travis <Hilton at QuarkAV dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Whats a good PCI wireless card?
 Date:  Sun, 07 Mar 2004 11:25:07 +1000
Hi Steven,

On Sun, 2004-03-07 at 07:29, steven murphy wrote:
> I just bought about 60 PCI realtek 10/100 NIC's, now I need to pick up
> a couple good PCI wireles cards that I can use as an access point on
> m0n0, any suggestions?
> what wireless drivers are present in m0n0?

The FreeBSD 4.9 Hardware Compatibility List that can be found at
http://www.freebsd.org/releases/4.9R/hardware-i386.html#AEN1394 gives a
list of cards that are known to work in FreeBSD 4.9.  It isn't very
specific though - for example it doesn't contain hardware or firmware
version information.

I have been thinking about adding a m0n0wall section to my
http://www.quarkav.com website and would be willing to have a NIC/WIC
list on there that people can contribute their findings to.

If people are interested in this, let me know and I'll get it
happening.  I'm also interested in having a section dedicated to those
"other" hardware devices that m0n0wall can run on, like the Nokia
firewalls and Nortel Contivity 100 boxes.  If anyone has any experience
in these "alternative" platforms, let me know and I'll add the
information to my site as well.

--

Regards,

				http://www.mamboband.org/