[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Eternal Security <veptune at wanadoo dot fr>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  problem with ethernet card detection ?
 Date:  Mon, 8 Mar 2004 08:42:49 +0100 (CET)
hello all !

I m a newbie on monowall but i have a little question (question of newbie :)
I have one ethernet card (juste one for the moment, i ll buy another, i know that i must have at
less 2 card to build a firewall) and it is a DLINK 530 TX (it is on the hardware list) and if i
enther on the interface menu when i boot monowall it give the right MAC address next to the "vr0"
ID.
I m a linux user, i suppose than vr0 = eth0
But when i m using autodetection, monowall see no card and say that link is not up. (but jsut before
it gave the good mac address of my card)
And with a computer connected to this ethernet card, i  can't ping the card (and can't access to the
web interface too) but if i reboot on my linux system, i set the same IP that i have just given to
monowall and i can t ping my linux box with the computer which was connected to monowall.

To resume, my problem is "i think monowall detect my card, i assign the good IP address but i can't
ping my card.

Do you know why ?

Sorry for my english this is not my primary language.

Cya