[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Uli Wachowitz <uli at wach dash o dash witz dot de>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Bug or feature (ping)?
 Date:  Mon, 8 Mar 2004 13:33:32 +0100
Dear all,

I've just switched from ipcop and I'm very impressed. There is one thing
I don't understand and couldn't find in the archives.

When I use 'Diagnostic/Ping', I can't use hostnames which containes '-',
like 'fs-lx-01', which is one of my servers. When pressing the 'Ping'
button, the hyphens are simply removed and of course the ping doesn't
work (ping: cannot resolve fslx01: Unknown host).

But by using 'exec.php' I can simply enter 'ping -c 5 fs-lx-01' and it
works like expected.

Is this by purpose, a bug or do I simply miss something?

--
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for
lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.

"GPG-KEY on demand"