[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  David Rodgers <david dot rodgers at kdsi dot net>
 To:  Phill R Kenoyer <phill at bmg50 dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Disk-On-Chip?
 Date:  Mon, 08 Mar 2004 08:31:20 -0600
Yes ... it is functionally no different than setting it up with a cf
card and an ide adapter. Just plug the diskonchip into a additional ide
interface then boot the machine and use dd to copy the image to the
/dev/hde(or whatever ide channel you chose)

The diskonchip devices are pretty cool and really cheap on ebay these
days. The first time I saw them was at a trade show. MicroTiK
was selling their router software flashed onto them.
http://www.microtik.com/

David Rodgers