[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Phill R Kenoyer <phill at bmg50 dot com>
 To:  David Rodgers <david dot rodgers at kdsi dot net>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Disk-On-Chip?
 Date:  Mon, 8 Mar 2004 08:02:46 -0800
But this diskonchip is soldered onto a mini-computer.  This thing
doesn't even have a serial port on it.  I guess I'll just have to
replace it with a Soekris dual radio setup and scrap this Net Nimble
system.  I don't see being able to do anything without having some
other equipment to plug into it.

On Mar 8, 2004, at 6:31 AM, David Rodgers wrote:

> Yes ... it is functionally no different than setting it up with a cf
> card and an ide adapter. Just plug the diskonchip into a additional ide
> interface then boot the machine and use dd to copy the image to the
> /dev/hde(or whatever ide channel you chose)
>
> The diskonchip devices are pretty cool and really cheap on ebay these
> days. The first time I saw them was at a trade show. MicroTiK
> was selling their router software flashed onto them.
> http://www.microtik.com/
>
> David Rodgers
>

> On Mon, 2004-03-08 at 00:23, Phill R Kenoyer wrote:
>> Has anyone installed m0n0wall on a system that uses Disk-on-chip?
>>
>> I have two Net Nimble WRIP systems that I would love to replace the
>> software with m0n0wall.  Net Nimble's software is very limited and
>> uses
>> old drivers and such.  It's very proprietary.  The biggest problem I
>> have, it comes with no documentation at all.  I just have to guess at
>> what I'm doing.  If I could rewind, I would not have bought them.
>>
>> If anyone has any information on how to get m0n0wall onto a
>> Disk-on-chip type system, please email me.
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> System info:
>> 	Cyrix 486DX4
>> 	16MB RAM
>> 	16MB? HDD (15872 blocks)
smime.p7s (2.9 KB, application/pkcs7-signature)