[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Phill R Kenoyer <phill at bmg50 dot com>
 To:  David Rodgers <david dot rodgers at kdsi dot net>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Disk-On-Chip?
 Date:  Mon, 8 Mar 2004 10:57:44 -0800
That sounds interesting.  Unfortunatly it won't help me in my
situation.  I'm running a wireless relay, so It would need two wireless
cards.

I'm looking at the Soekris Net4526 right now.  It has two mini-pci
slots.  Only problem is that it has a soldered on flash.  Kinda the
same problem.  How do I image the drive...  I'll probably get a manual
with it though.  It's only $129, about the same price as the ip120's on
eBay.  All I need to add is the mini-pci 802.11b cards.  I think they
are $50 each.  I think it will even fit in the same case that I have
now.

On Mar 8, 2004, at 10:39 AM, David Rodgers wrote:

> Ahh ... ok ... the diskonchip units that I have seen just look like a
> black plastic lump that plugs right into
> an ide channel.
>
> You may also want to hit ebay and look for a nokia ip120 before you
> invest in a soekris box.
>
> I won an ip120 for $56US
>
> they are functionally equivalent to a soekris 4801
>
> Pentium class 266 cpu
> 128mb memory
> 3 ethernet ports
>
> and they come with a 10 gig hard drive
>
> In mine I replaced the hard drive with one of these
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?
> ViewItem&item=2791353055&category=51076
>
> The one I am using is only 64 megabytes though and I got it for $5US
>
> David Rodgers
smime.p7s (2.9 KB, application/pkcs7-signature)