[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chad R. Larson" <clarson at eldocomp dot com>
 To:  "EXT dash Mike dot Bradshaw at nokia dot com" <EXT dash Mike dot Bradshaw at nokia dot com>, "m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] All CF cards created equally?
 Date:  Mon, 8 Mar 2004 13:43:22 -0700
At 12:06 AM 3/4/2004, EXT dash Mike dot Bradshaw at nokia dot com wrote:
>The continuing saga of attempting to get this Verbatim 32M CF card to
>work. Due to having NO current working Un*x boxes, everything has been
>done on MS Windows.

I did it the first time by putting the CF card in a CF->PCMCIA adapter
(about 10 bucks).  The adapter went into a notebook computer and I booted
the live FreeBSD CD-ROM.  Then dd did what I needed done.

After the first time, the CF is updated by m0n0wall itself in place using
the firmware update feature.

          -crl
   Eldorado Computing, Inc.   602-604-3100
      5353 North 16th Street, Suite 400